In honor of National Children’s Dental Health Month, Pediatric Dentistry of Suffolk County is sharing a few brushing tips that parents can share with your little ones all month long.
Establishing good dental health habits from a young age is an extremely important step of ensuring these habits last a lifetime!
Check out a couple brushing tips below. Thank you for helping us celebrate National Children’s Dental Health Month by spreading the word about the importance of oral health and children.
- From the time your child is born, clean their gums with a soft cloth and water to remove any bacteria or food particles.
- Immediately after your child’s first tooth erupts, begin brushing teeth with a soft-bristled toothbrush.
- If your child is under the age of 2, use a very small dab of toothpaste.
- Children ages 2-5 should be using a pea-size amount of toothpaste on their toothbrush.
- Parents should be assisting and monitoring children’s brushing until they are between the ages of 7-8.