Pediatric Dentistry of Suffolk County I & II
Commack (631) 486-6364
Medford (631) 320-0880
Good brushing habits are essential. We recommend that parents help their kids develop a brushing routine to follow every day. Once your kid gets in the habit, brushing can reduce their risk of tooth decay and prevent cavities.
Help teach your kids how to keep their smiles healthy by applying these 8 simple techniques into their daily routine!
- Keep the toothbrush at a 45 degree angle when brushing.
- Brush gently around the gums and use short, tooth-wide strokes.
- Brush outer, inner and chewing surfaces.
- Clean the inside of the teeth by brushing vertically with up and down strokes.
- Floss daily to remove bacteria that your toothbrush can’t reach – most plaque develops here.
- Maintain a healthy and balanced diet.
- Brush your tongue to remove bacteria and keep your breath fresh.
- Don’t forget to visit our office twice a year for cleanings, exams, and x-rays.
- Replace your child’s toothbrush every three or four months, or when the bristles become frayed.
If you want to learn more about how you can help keep your child’s smile healthy, contact either of our office locations to schedule your child’s visit. Here at Pediatric Dentistry of Suffolk County, we’re dedicated to your child’s oral health. We’re passionate about teeth!